Snacks that can help you power through the day and improve health  |  Photo Credit: iStock Images
- The determinants of a healthy snack are – Healthiness, taste, ease of preparation
- Snacking is the obvious solution to beat mid-day hunger pangs
- These healthy snacks can help you power through the day
New Delhi: You are working in your office and suddenly you hear your stomach growl. It’s still hours to lunch but now you are caught up between a hungry body and pending deadlines. The obvious solution to this situation is munching on snacks. Mid-day hunger pangs may not always be the most pleasant circumstances especially when one is working on a weight management plan. It may be comparatively easier to fetch snacks when working from home, however, when in the office, there might not be a lot of variety to choose from. Apart from deciding what to eat, deciding how much and when to eat is equally important. Here is what you must keep in mind before picking a snack:
- The snack must be healthy.
- The portion consumed must be moderated.
- There should be enough intervals between snacks and meals to avoid losing appetite.
Healthy office snacks
Here are some healthy snacks that are office and work-friendly:
- Homemade energy bars: These are extremely easy and healthy snacking options as compared to the commercially available energy bars that contain excessive sugar content. Due to being homemade, the nutritional value can be managed and retained. All you need to do is combine your favourite oats, dry fruits, nuts, and seeds with some honey and coconut oil and cut them into bars. They are stackable and can be enjoyed at any time.
- Capsicum cups: Replace your white bread and toasts with something yummy and exciting. Capsicum cups are here to spice up your snack. It’s easy to prepare and all you need to do is cut capsicum in half, boat-like shapes and layer it with your favourite dip, spread, and toppings.
- Nutty dark chocolate: Dark chocolate is always a healthier option due to its high nutrition and antioxidant content. Combine it with a brilliant source of healthy fats – nuts – and you will be an excellent snack. Just let some dark chocolate, coat your favourite nuts with it, and store. Whenever you feel snacky, just take out a handful and enjoy.
- Foxnuts: Commonly known as makhana in Hindi, foxnuts are healthy and fibre rich foods that can make up for an incredible snack. You can prepare a variety of snacks such as roasted foxnuts, spiced foxnuts, or take a handful and enjoy just as it is. These antioxidant-rich snacks are definitely fun to eat.
- Roasted nuts and seeds: What could be a more convenient snack than roasted nuts and seeds. They are healthy, easy to prepare, and you can choose from the variety of nuts and seeds available and roast them with your favourite spices. Some common seeds that you can go for are sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, and more. Some common nuts that you can go for are cashews, almonds, peanuts, and more.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.
Get the Latest health news, healthy diet, weight loss, Yoga, and fitness tips, more updates on Times Now