Fritters are one of the quickest and lovable snacks. There are varieties of fritter recipes one can find coated with breadcrumbs or stuffed with cheese, potatoes and whatnot. Ever thought that there could be a healthier version of this dish? Yes, this Zucchini Fritter recipe shallow fried in less oil is super healthy and can also contribute to your weight loss journey.
These fritters are prepared with zucchini slices mixed along with some spices and seasonings, rice flour, gram flour, and corn flour; all these are mixed together and given a flat round shape to be shallow fried on a pan. The flours used in the mixture add a crispy texture to the fritters making them delicious. Apart from Zucchini, other nutritious vegetables like carrots, capsicum, boiled corn and coriander could also be used to make it super healthy. Being an eggless recipe, this dish could be a perfect low-calorie meal to be served on a vegetarian’s plate.
Vitamin B6 is abundant in zucchini. According to research, this vitamin may assist in controlling blood sugar. In fact, the vitamin might help prevent diabetes. By reducing the wavelengths of blue light, substances like lutein and zeaxanthin shield the eye’s cells.
Zucchini is known as a superfood as the numerous antioxidants found in it have health benefits. The skin has the greatest levels. It promotes Healthy Digestion- by lowering constipation and the signs of gastrointestinal diseases, zucchini’s high water and fibre content help to promote healthy digestion.
- 1 large Zucchini (washed and grated)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Carrot
- 1 finely chopped Onion
- 1 chopped Green Chilli
- 1/2 cup Coriander leaves
- 1 tsp Chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper powder
- 1 tsp Cheesy garlic mix
- Salt according to taste
- 3 tbsp Rice flour
- 2+1/2 tbsp Gram flour
- Oil for shallow fry
- Wash and grate Zucchini into thin long slices
- Squeeze all the water from it using a muslin cloth
- Take a mixing bowl, add the water squeezed zucchini, carrots, onions, green chilli and coriander leaves; mix well
- Now add all the spices and seasonings (chilli flakes, pepper powder, cheesy garlic mix, some herbs) along with salt and mix it well
- Now add gram flour, corn flour and rice flour
- Coat the zucchini mixture well with the flour
- Shape the mixture into a flat round shape or any shape of your choice such as a heart, cones and keep them on a plate
- Heat oil in a frying pan and place the shaped mixture on the oil, let it fry for a minute
- Flip the side and shallow fry it for another minute
- Repeat the same process with the remaining mixture
- The Zucchini fritters are ready to be served
Enjoy these fritters with tomato ketchup or any healthy dip of your choice. This is a perfect low-calorie morning breakfast recipe which is healthy and fills the stomach.